OWN DAMAGE CLAIM & THEFT CLAIMIMMEDIATE ACTION AFTER ACCIDENT:
As soon as a loss is noticed, please intimate immediately to our nearest office or on our call centre number or on toll free number 1-800-22-4030 (from MTNL & BSNL Lines.) Our claims officials shall soon get in touch with you and shall be happy to help you with the claim procedures. Details of our offices can be found in the USGICL Office locator.
Following information needs to be furnished by you while intimating a claim:
- Your Contact Numbers
- Policy Number
- Name of Insured person,
- Date & Time of accident,
- Location of Loss,
- Brief description on how the accident took place,
- Extent of loss
- Place & contact details of the Insured Person (in case person intimating the claim is other than the insured person.
IMMEDIATE ACTION AFTER LOSS:
- The vehicle cannot be left unattended without proper precautions taken to prevent further loss or damage.
- Don't drive the vehicle before the necessary repairs are affected, as any extension of the damage or any further damage is not payable under the policy.
- Give immediate written notice to the insurance company and furnish all information and documentary evidence as the insurance company may require.
- After notification of the accident to the insurance company, you have to submit a detailed estimate of repairs from any repairer of your choice.
- The insurance company generally accept it but they may ask you to obtain estimate from another repairer, if they so wish.
- In case of theft, immediate inform the police authorities.
- On receipt of the estimate and claim form, the insurance company appoints an independent automobile surveyor to assess the loss.
- The surveyor inspects the damaged vehicle, discusses the cost of repair or replacement with the repairers and submits his report to the insurance company.
- If you have paid the repair bill directly to the repairer, you can reimburse with the amount on submission of a receipt/ bill from the repairers.
- Salvage of panels and other major parts should be collected which is help in minimizing the loss to a certain extent.
- In the case of commercial vehicles, especially goods carrying vehicles which meet with accidents involving major damage, for immediate inspection of the vehicle, the insurance company arranges a 'Spot Survey' to ascertain the damages sustained. The Vehicle is to be shifted to garage for repair only after Spot Survey is conducted. In case of out station accidents the nearest office of insurance company is to be approached.
In the case of commercial vehicles, especially goods carrying vehicles which meet with accidents involving major damage, the insurance company arranges a 'Spot Survey' for immediate inspection of the vehicle to ascertain the damages sustained. The Spot Survey is a preliminary survey to assess broadly the major damages to the vehicle.
THIRD PARTY CLAIMSIMMEDIATE ACTION AFTER ACCIDENT:
- Give immediate written notice to the insurance company about an accident to third party.
- Furnish all information and documentary evidence as the insurance company may require.
- As soon as the insurance company receives intimation about the third party claim it should be registered in the claims intimation register and investigation has to be carried out about the accident.
- To collect the relevant data with the objective to quantify reasonable and just compensation, a trained investigator is appointed by the insurance company.
- At the same time you should be submit claim form along with relevant documents.
- On receipt of intimation form Court or MACT, a competent Advocate from the panel may be appointed and a vigorous follow up should be done with him.