Private Car Insurance Policy covers Vehicles used for social, domestic and pleasure purpose and also for professional purpose (excluding carriage of goods other than samples) of the insured or used by insured's employees for such purpose but excluding use for hire or reward, racing, pace making, reliability trial, speed testing and use for any purpose in connection with the Motor Trade.
What does this Policy cover?The Policy covers loss or damage to the vehicle insured arising out of:
- Fire, explosion, self ignition, lightning, burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, terrorism, earthquake, flood, typhoon, accidental external means, landslide or rockslide, road/rail/inland waterway/air transit
The Policy further provides for compulsory Personal Accident cover for owner driver.
- Loss of accessories
- Legal liability to paid driver, cleaner or any workman
- Personal Accident to the occupants
- Increased legal liability to property damage of third party for a limit of Rs 7.5 lakhs
Other Salient Features
- Provision of No Claims bonus for claims free experience.
- Discount for opting higher voluntary excess
- Discount for approved anti-theft devices installed in the vehicle.
- Concession for specially designed/modified vehicle for blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons
- Depreciation, for the parts needing replacement in the accident is defined.
- Discount for specially Designed/ Modified vehicles for the blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons.
The Policy does not cover the following
- Any accidents outside the Geographical Area
- Consequential loss, normal wear and tear
- Driving without valid licence for the class of vehicle. Driving under the influence of liquor/drugs
- Vehicle not being used as per Limitation as to use defined